Year 4 and 5 - 11+ Course
Our successful 11+ course for year 4 and 5 students takes place in small groups (maximum 4 students) either online or in our classroom in Kingsteignton, Newton Abbot.
Alternatively, we do offer 1-2-1 tutoring either online or in person, but these sessions do get booked well in advance so please contact me as soon as possible if this is a preference.
Year 4 group sessions focus on mastering the foundations required. Year 5 group sessions cover all aspects of the 11+ curriculum.
The course content is tailored to the GL 11+ tests currently being used by Torbay Grammar Schools. If your school uses a different assessment, this can easily be catered for. This course content is adapted to the individual learning of each student in the tutoring groups, so each student gets the support they need.
As well as subject specific content, students will be taught strategies to speed up their performance in exams and tests to maximise their scores and give students extra confidence.
Developing vocabulary - a key part of the 11+ test is having a wide knowledge of English vocabulary. Students will be taught key vocabulary and encouraged to read as much as possible in their spare time.
Grammar - understanding word types, word choices and verb tenses and forms.
Sentence structures - understanding devices, phrases and clauses.
Punctuation - using and understanding accurate punctuation and being able to proofread to correct errors.
Spelling - proofreading for spelling errors, commonly misspelt words, understanding how prefixes and suffixes work with their root words.
Literary devices - being able to identify and use similes, metaphors, personification and alliteration.
Reading comprehension - studying a varied selection of different texts including fiction, non-fiction, poetry, articles and reports. We will be learning text analysing skills, inference, main concepts and closed questions.
Percentages, fractions and decimals
Ratio and proportion
Working with numbers
Shape, space and coordinates
Units and measures
11+ Tutoring Course Options
Option 1 - Small Group Tutoring Sessions
- Cost effective
- Small group sizes (maximum 4 students)
- Learning discussions with other students
- Friendly competitive element to check your progress with other students
Cost £25 per hour
Option 2 - 1-2-1 Tutoring Sessions
- Fully personalised tutoring
- Individual tutoring throughout the sessions
Cost £34 per hour
Option 3 - Fully Inclusive 11+ Course Package
- Fixed Price - no surprises
- Weekly 1 hour small group tutoring session during term times.
- Full access to 11+ Online Learning Zone and Group Community for additional learning and practise
- Weekly 30 minute additional live group online tutorial during term times
- Two mock exams - one in April, one in August (additional mock exams available)
- Summer boot camp - 3 half day intensive tutoring sessions in August
*Note: additional school holiday sessions available at extra cost if required.
Cost £1,416 or £118 per month (based on tutoring 12 month period)
Option 4 - Fully Inclusive Online 11+ Course Package
- Fixed Price - no surprises
- Comprehensive 42 week tutor led online course covering all aspects of 11+ Curriculum.
- 4 Hours per week of tutor set learning and quizzes to complete.
- Continuous tutor support and feedback.
- Weekly live online group tutorials.
- Online timed Mock exams (3 exams) - full report and feedback given to support learning.
- Final exam preparation.
Cost £2,100 or £50 per week subscription.
For more details of our online course packages - click here
The 11+ course runs weekly during term times.
We run small group sessions Monday to Friday
Session 1 - 4pm to 5pm
Session 2 - 5pm to 6pm
1-2-1 sessions run in the early evenings:
Session 1 - 6pm to 7pm
Session 2 - 7.30pm to 8.30pm
All sessions book up quickly, so please contact us to reserve your space as soon as possible.